- Patrons who keep library materials past their due date will be assessed fines.
- One day of grace is built into the circulation system to allow for items in the book drop overnight.
- Five cents ($.05) per day per item will be charged for all materials returned late.
- Closed library days are not included in the accumulation of fines.
- Fines shall not exceed $10 per item.
- Borrowers must pay for materials which are damaged or lost while checked out on their cards. If the lost library materials are later found, the amount paid for the items, minus the overdue fine, may be refunded on presentation at the library of the receipt and the items, provided they are in good condition and that no more than six months have elapsed since the items were due.
Library staff will run overdue reports on a monthly basis:
First notice – staff will attempt to contact patron by phone, email, social media, or letter.
Second notice – staff will send letter by mail reminding patron of overdue material(s).
Third notice – final notice will be sent to patron to notify them that all library privileges will be revoked if patron does not contact staff within ten (10) days.
If there is no response within thirty days of sending the warning letter, all library privileges are revoked and the patron is blocked from checking out materials, as well as, public computer access.
A fee of $2.00 will be charged for lost cards.
Borrowers must report lost and stolen cards immediately. They are responsible for all materials checked out on their cards until the card is reported lost.